THE BIKE PROJECT
Lesotho Bike Hangar is a social enterprise powered by the Mikes Bikes Foundation (USA). The bicycle project is operating since 2014.
- MOBILISE and empower communities through up-cycling affordable and quality bicycles
- TRAIN and equip entrepreneurs with the necessary knowledge, skills and tools in preparation to run their own bicycle enterprise
- DESIGN and build sustainable transport solutions to accelerate Lesotho’s transition to a greener Economy
Lesotho Bike Hangar offers rentals, guided tours, sales, service of new and 2nd hand bicycles, parts and equipment. We teach adults and kids how to ride bicycle and offer advanced classed for skilled riders.
The bike project is a going concern thanks to the generous support from donors, sponsors and volunteers. If you are interested in getting involved, please click here to get in touch.
We would like to thank our partners for their support over the years:
- Mikes Bikes Foundation (USA)
- Alliance Insurance Company (LES)
- Sprocket & Jack Bike Shop (SA)
- One Power (LES)
- Solar Lights (LES)
- Sjaak & Anita De Boer (NL)
- Private Sector Competitiveness Project (LES)
… and many more!
One of our favourite cycling spots in Lesotho is in Roma. The Velosolutions Pump Track in Roma is the first #pumpforpeace track in the world. It was completed in April 2017 and has become a hotspot for cycling culture in the Mountain Kingdom.
The track is operated by Sky Adventures and is home to the Lesotho Sky Cycling Club.
There are more pumptracks in Lesotho! Click here for more information.